About Excel Development Bank
Development Banking Sector remained dominated by government owned bank for more than five decades. With the liberalization of economy private sector started to promote development banks obtaining license from Nepal Rastra Bank, the central Bank of Nepal. Excel Development Bank Limited is licensed by Nepal Rastra Bank under banking and financial Regulation Act 2061.The bank is promoted by a group of experienced and highly motivated individuals from all walks on life. The promoters include; professional bankers, Entrepreneurs, Educationalists and Technocrats.
The bank’s central office is located in Birtamode, Jhapa, the far eastern part of Nepal. At present the banks working area is in Illam, Jhapa, Morang, Sunsari and Panchthar districts. The bank is committed to deliver its services to the customers through easy banking procedures. Since the bank is located in the rural area, it indicates to serve the need of common people by providing simple yet modern banking facilities. It is transparent in its approach and workings.
The bank gives true value of the depositor’s money by providing a competitive interest rate. Furthermore, it encourages the entrepreneurs to increase their capacity in productive sectors. The bank aims to be engine of development with its reliable and trustworthy banking services-Excel Development Bank Ltd. strives to achieve excellence in the banking sector through its customer friendly approach.
To become the bank of common Nepalese people and contribute to the national economic development.
Collection and mobilization of monetary resources and providing high returns.
- To provide loan on agriculture, service sectors, industry, trade and other potential productive sectors
- To provide loan on education, foreign employment and consumer products
- To provide loan on small scale hydro projects and environmental related projects
- To assist small scale entrepreneurs and farmers including people who need financial support
- To be a leader in providing loans for cash crops and agriculture based business in the rural area
- To mobilize the collected money within its region
- To include the local people as a partner of the bank
- To provide maximum return to the stakeholders